As a sufferer of eczema (I’ll do another post on this) autumn/winter can be a tough time in London. The weather currently is a mixture of cold wind, autumn sun and annoyingly dreary days. As you can imagine this is a recipe for dry skin. Below I’ll provided my cold weather skin care tips to help maintain moisture and a dewy glow that I love dearly.
I changed my routine earlier this year because I had dry, and flaky skin. I decided to research my skin woes and I educated myself on the science behind skin products, and more importantly what works for MY skin. I have combination skin so I am oily in my t-zone and dry/normal elsewhere. So here is my magical list that has worked wonders on my skin.
MY SKIN FAVOURITES
- FACE CLEANSE: Wash with COSRX Low PH Good Morning
- Low PH – great to protect the skins mantle so that I retain moisture
- Last for ages
- Smells a tad bit of Tea Tree but I’m okay with that.
- FACE TONER: Acid Tone with COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
- Perfect for congested skin
- Adds moisture
- FACE TONER: The Ordinary, Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2
- Exfoliates the top layer of your skin so removes those dry patches
- Gives a healthy glow
- FACE MOISTURISER: Dr Jart+ Ceramidin Cream
- Very moisturising
- Great Korean brand (Koreans are known for their good skin care)
- Sinks into skin nicely and quickly with no oily residue
- Perfect for the colder months
- FACE TREATMENT: The Ordinary, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
- High strength treatment for skin blemishes and congestion
- Help with lightning high pigmentation
- BODY BUTTER: The Body Shop Hemp Body Butter
- Perfect for eczema and dry skin
- Rubs in easily
- THE only thing that keeps my hands moisture. All year round
- long lasting
- LIPS: Lano Lips Lemonaid flavour
- Natural (my preference) and perfect to keep my lips moist with a nice sheen.
- Very moisturising for my dry lips
- Only thing that works for me. Mainly because of the lanolin.
- SUNSCREEN: Cosrx Aloe Soothing SPF50 PA+++ Sun Cream
- Light on the skin.
- Protects from UVA and UVB.
- Good under makeup
- Should be used all year around for obvious health risks, anti-aging and prevent high pigmentation.
So what are your cold weather skin care tips?